sexta-feira, 20 de abril de 2012

AROS Kitty from Sami Ryhänen

I've already been told to change the Blog or create another exclusively for Kitty. Well I might consider that in the future... But right now I'll keep sharing Images that several artists have produced regarding the Kitty Character. You can send directly to my email - just like the next one.


This one is from Sami Ryhänen (Thanks a lot Sami):




And she's a real fox! I really like the what the artist done with the hair and subtly worked around the feline pose. Besides I'm a real sucker for purple/magenta in the background!...
So here's one more Kitty - keep it coming.


Also I've added the Mascot reference to Wikipedia to AROS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AROS_Research_Operating_System


I've also tried to add AROS Kitty as an entry to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/AROS_Kitty), but unfortunately it got halted, with the comment that "The mascot doesn't appear to be independently notable of the OS". 

But like Alain Thelier wrote me:
Like Tux is not independently notable of the (Linux) OS.
You can make "Tux plush toy" or Tux mug" but it will remain an object with the Linux penguin
Whatever usage (game,object,etc...) you will do with Tux it will remain (in all minds)  the Linux penguin
So Tux dont have independance.

I guess it really sums it up my opinion. But I got to cover my bases well before I attempt to reason with the Wikipedia editor.


More images showing Kitty - Well here's a link to the banner of the natami forum:


Yep... It's Kitty on the Floppy Disk...

And another from Manu that it is in his site (Slipped this one):


Sem comentários: